If you have recently purchased a new belkin wifi extender and want to know how to install or set up with your existing home network, then you are at the right post.
You will get thousands of answers on the internet but none of them have shown the exact setup process step by step.
Extenders are used to enhance the network strength and maximise the range of your broadband. So, that you will get a strong and reliable internet connection to all the corners of your premises.
Why do we choose Belkin wifi extenders?
The Belkin wifi extender does not replace your current home network. Although, it helps to maximise the strength of your network with its two variants Fast and Fastest. It will provide a speed of 300 Mbps -1200 Mbps with its 2.4 Ghz and 5 ghz channels.
People use extenders to amplify the internet connectivity and to get stable connections to all over the places. You must have heard that repeater, booster or amplifiers are all the same and work to maximise the signals.
I personally like Belkin wifi extenders because of its simple and easy to install features. Its compact design makes it easy to place on the power socket and get rigs to mount it on the wall.
In terms of specification, Here’s a quick overview of differences between belkin fast and fastest wifi extender as per data speed, Wifi type, maximum range, channel and warranty.
|Belkin||Fast (N300 Mbps Mini)||Fastest (AC 1200 Mbps)|
|Data Speed||300 Megabits Per second||1200 Megabits Per second|
|Type||802.11n, 802.11g||802.11n, 802.11g|
|Range||5000 Sq. ft||7,500 Sq. ft|
|Warranty||1 Year||2 Year|
|Channel||Single Channel||Dual Channel|
Belkin wifi extender Installation setup
Setting up a Belkin extender is quite easy. Many of the extenders come with inbuilt setup where you only have to login through SSID and password & it will connect automatically.
Belkin N300 wifi extender setup is different. You will require an existing connected wifi device, it could be a computer, mobile or tablet.
This method will work for any extender you are using and the process will be the same for both 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz bands.
Unbox your extender from the box (Optional: Read the manual ).
- Plug your belkin wifi extender into the socket within the range of your home network.
- Connect your device with the belkin.setup network.
- Enter the SSID (Username) and password available on the back of box.
- Once the device is connected, open your browser and type https://belkin.range in the address bar and hit enter.
Additional: You can also type https://192.168.206.1 in the address bar and it will automatically redirect to the belkin login page.
- If you are accessing the belkin login page for the first time then you will see a welcome message as Get Started. Click on it.
- It will automatically fetch all available wifi networks.
- Choose the wifi network which you want to extend and click on Next button.
- Now it will config its setup and ask for a password.
- Enter the password and click on the submit button.
- Wait for 5-10 seconds to complete the setup process.
- At last, click on the Create Extended Network button and now your Belkin wifi extender is configured successfully.
Important: If you are using a dual channel network then you have to follow the same process for both the channels individually.
Belkin Extender App
Some people found difficult to setup their extended repeater to their home network. That is why belkin comes with a simple solution with Android application.
Belkin wifi Extender App is the simplest way to provide information to all the users. In this application you will get to know
- How to setup your new router
- Help you to resolve errors during the installation process
- Change or update your default wifi password and username.
- Allow access to all your firmware settings.
- you can check the strength of your repeater.
- Manage the number of devices connected to your network.
- Configure parental control without login into your account.
Belkin Technical support Number
If you need any additional information for your Belkin Wi-Fi extender, Belkin Technical support Number will help you. You can also find Belkin Technical support Number on the official website www.belkin.com.
|United Kingdom||0845 – 607 77 87||www.belkin.com/uk/networking/|
Best Belkin wifi extender available online
In terms of wifi extenders we always suggest our users to go for the latest product available. Currently, Belkin N300 is the fastest and advanced wall mounted plug that delivers 300 megabits per second of speed.
Belkin N300 comes in two variants Fast (N 300 Mbps Mini) and Fastest (AC 1200 Mbps). If you are looking to purchase for your home then Fast is best for you. Fastest variant is best for office and multi floor homes.
Both the variants come with plug and play features so, you don’t have to go deep into technicals.
Take a look below