There are plenty of websites available on the internet to reset the sky q mini box. But I didn’t find any relevant post that solved my problem. How to reset the sky q mini box is very difficult when you didn’t find any helpful tutorial online.
That is the reason why I came up with this post. I am going to share all my thoughts on how to reset the sky q box with or without a remote.
Actually there are multiple ways through which you can hard reset the sky box but the method I choose doesn’t require any additional accessories.
This method will work for both the case whether you have a sky q mini box or sky q box.
The only thing is you have to follow the sky q box reset procedure step by step.
So let’s get started!
What is the Sky q box?
For the people who don’t know what a sky q box is? Using Sky box, the user of Sky Tv can share the content of Sky Tv from one room to another using wired or wireless connection.
Sky q is the updated version of Sky box which is also referred to as Sky+.
Along with the good features, there are few problems that lead you to search online in the community section with how to fix it.
Sometimes this can be more frustrating as many of the users are not internet friendly and they don’t know what to do and how to fix sky box.
But after this post you will find that the reset sky q box is very simple and you can do it on your own.
Before getting into the hard factory reset steps we are going to do some pre checks. As we will always prefer to go step by step. If you have already done the pre checks you can skip this step and jump to the sky q box reset procedure directly.
Sky Q box Prechecks Steps
In most of the scenarios, prechecks method fix problems that you have had with your sky box. Through these steps, we can hopefully find the solution of how to reset the sky q box in very easy ways.
Reboot is the basic troubleshooting everyone should do in the first place when the device is not working. There is no logic behind it but still it work for many users.
In reboot you have to unplug the power plug from the socket wait for 1-2 minutes and start again.
Rebooting will shut down your sky q box for a minutes and restart using sky remote.
If your box isn’t responding and it is not possible to reboot the box using remote, then simply turn off everything off and restart it using different socket.
When your box is not responding to sky remote and the connection is not established. Then you have to check your remote batteries or remove battery from the remote and re insert it again.
If it is still not working I suggest you to replace the batteries.
by resetting remote and reboot the box, if it is still not working try to update the software to the latest version.
The step’s are very easy and make sure your remote is working fine.
- Look for the standby key on the remote.
- Next turn off the box from the socket.
- Now hold the backup button and plug you box into the socket.
- Still keep holding backup button for 30 seconds, until all lights will switch on, then release the button.
If you able to see the light on the box wait for 5-10 minutes as your box is in download mode. In download mode don’t switch off your box or use your box to watch Tv.
You have to wait till on-screen message showing “updating system software”.
Once the software is updated the box will switch in standby mode.
Next you have to press sky button and watch your faviourite series.
Now there may be a case when your box light will not appear, if such scenario occurs imediately you have to book an engineer visit for the box.
Rearrange box Position
The box works on the principle of network connectivity, so keep the box as close as possible. If the box is far from your Tv location, the signal will weak and sky q box will not work.
Try to rearrange the position of your box and fix at a suitable location where the ventilation is proper.
If you have placed your box under your tv and ventilation is not proper then it will affect the lifespan of your box. Because when you use sky box it will start overheat and cause damage to the box.
How to Open Sky Service menu
- Locate and press the home button on your remote.
- Scroll down to the bottom and look for settings option.
- Enter 001 and press on select option.
Sky q Box Reset Procedure
When the problem is not fixed with the prechecks steps, then you have to follow the sky q box reset procedure to make it work perfectly.
Through this method your sky q box will reset to default mode. your sky box will appear as a new box with no recordings and no network settings. The procedure include three types of resetting:
- Soft reset sky q box with or without remote
- Hard Drive reset
- Factory reset sky q box
Soft reset sky q box with remote
If your remote is working fine and connected to sky box then you can reset sky q box using sky remote
- First you have to press and keep holding the standby button.
- Look for the light on the front panel to begin flashing.
- Now you can release the standby button.
- Next, wait for approx 15 seconds till the light turns red.
- Once the front panel shows the red light, wait for another 5 minutes and press Sky and turn on your box.
- Now the light of the box will change from red to green.
After a complete setup do a basic restart of your box.
Soft reset sky q box without remote
Sometimes the remote may not work properly or connect with your box. In such a case, you have to follow this method which doesn’t require a sky remote.
Follow the below step for Soft reset sky q box without remote
- Remove the plug from the main socket.
- press the reset button on the back of the box for about 15-30 seconds.
- Wait for a few seconds, till the front panel lights start flashing on the box.
- At last, press the standby button and the sky box will restart automatically.
Hard Drive reset
Hard drive in any device is a necessary item to store any data. Every device needs a hard drive to save your videos, series, pictures and movies.
Resetting the hard drive will erase all the saving recordings and downloads from the box. However, you can again download your favourite list of items but this method will solve your problem.
- Take your sky remote and press the home button.
- wait till the next instruction appears on the screen and tap on settings option.
- To reset the sky box hard drive press the 0 button, again 0 button and at last 1 button.
- a new pop up box will appear and select reset option and select Reset hard drive.
- After reading terms and conditions visible on your screen tap on the select button to proceed.
- At last your reset process will automatically be done.
Factory reset sky q box
Factory reset sky q box is the last option as it deletes all your saved recordings, video clips and your favourite series. If this factory reset will not work for you then you have to book the engineer visit to solve the problem.
- Just like all the other steps, turn off your main box.
- Hold both the left and right arrow buttons simultaneously.
- Keep holding the button and switch your box on till the light will appear on the panel.
- Then the box will automatically perform the factory reset step and the box will switch to the standby option.
- After 5 minutes, try to reconnect the Tv with the box.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to factory reset the sky q box?
Just like all the other steps, turn off your main box.
Hold both the left and right arrow buttons simultaneously.
Keep holding the button and switch your box on till the light will appear on the panel.
Then the box will automatically perform the factory reset step and the box will switch to the standby option.
After 5 minutes, try to reconnect the Tv with the box.
How to reset the sky q box without a remote?
Remove the plug from the main socket.
press the reset button on the back of the box for about 15-30 seconds.
Wait for a few seconds, till the front panel lights start flashing on the box.
At last, press the standby button and the sky box will restart automatically.
Is there a reset button on a sky q box?
No, There is a standby button on the sky remote but no physical reset button available on the remote.
You have to follow the steps to reset the sky q box using remote.