Want to update the Virgin Media Network Security Key of your Router or Super Hub. You can update your Network Security Key by using the Connect app.
If you are looking to change your broadband password or update your existing default password, you can also use the Virgin media connect application.
Virgin media connect is an official app to manage all the wifi hotspots, internet connections, router settings, and many more. The interface of the app is totally user friendly and gives you a better experience. The app list all the available network in your home from room to room.
What is a network security key?
It is a password-protected key that is used to protect your broadband all your data from unauthorized access. Many people use your connection to hack your system or to do something fishy. So it helps to protect your data and your system from being assessed by the external world.
You must be aware of the things that the wifi network is not limited to your walls. It extends to over 3 meters or 300 feet around the broadband. So, in that case, your wireless router is not correctly secured by the people around you. All your home and office will benefit from it.
Why we use Network Security Key?
This is the most asking question regarding the security of the router. The people who have your wifi password can do the following:
- View all information from your system and modify and delete your existing files.
- Can track all your activities online and save your login ID and password.
- They can spread viruses into your system and slow down your computer.
This is why your Virgin media network security key is essential and should be protected from the external world.
We have listed step by step methods to share with you how you can easily change the default details.
First of all, you have to find which device you have, like Super Hub 3, the latest from Virgin media, or Hub 1, 2, or 2ac.
Because the process to change the WIFI password is different for both devices.
Changing Default Wifi network Password
- You are using a cable to connect your system with the superhub.
- Type http://192.168.0.1 to access your settings page. It may differ in your case, so check at the bottom of your router.
- On the webpage, click on Configure your wifi connection option.
- Tap on the Change option near your network password.
- Type the new password and click on the Apply button. Password must contain
- At least ten-character
- 1 Upper case letter.
- Include 1 number.
- One alphanumeric symbol.
- Now all your device connected earlier will disconnect automatically.
- Restart your system and connect using a new password.
If you face a problem connecting through cable, try to connect using the Virgin media click app.
Virgin Media Network Security Key Using Connect App
- Before changing the network security key, make sure you have installed the Virgin media connect app on your device.
- If it is not installed on your device, then install it from your App Store.
- Connect your broadband or hub with your connect app.
- Open your application and click on broadband at the bottom of your screen.
- After this, you can see a hamburger sign or the three dots symbol on the top right side of your screen; click on it.
- Now you have to choose wifi networks from the list.
- Here you will find your home network name; click on it.
- It will redirect you to the home wifi network page, where you will find your network name, password, and wifi networks.
- Tab on password option.
- Set a new password; the password should be super strong. (means you have to use symbols, numbers, one capital letter, and at least ten letters).
- Click on done and then tab on the save button.
Now, wait for your settings to be saved. It will take approx 30 to 60 seconds to restart your services again.
Once the connection is established, then you have to connect each device like mobile, broadband, TV, or any smart device with the new password.
I hope your problem is fixed now, and for more information, comment below; we are happy to help you.
Virgin Media Network Security Frequently Asked Questions
Where to find virgin media network security key?
The security key is available at two positions. The one is at the back of your router next to the username, which is a simpler way. Another is on the https://192.168.0.1 > configuration page > Login to your dashboard > Under Configure your WiFi connection> Password.
Can we change Network security key without connecting?
No, You can’t change your network password without connecting to your device. To change, you have to communicate through the cable or go with the wifi option. To know more on how to connect through the virgin media connect app. Click here
You can comment below for more information or contact us. We are always ready to help you.